Join The Print
In order to be hired as either a contributor or editor, you must take the appropriate classes, as shown below. Upon joining, you will be considered an active contributor.
Classes to take
J215 – College Newspaper: Writing/Photography
Be a writer or photographer for the award-winning, student-run newspaper/website: The Clackamas Print. No experience necessary.
M, W 1-2:20 p.m.
J226 – College Newspaper: Design/Production
Put together The Clackamas Print. Write headlines and design pages using Adobe InDesign. No experience necessary.
Tuesdays, 1-4:50 p.m.
Become an Editor
Each editorial position is considered open for every new term. Positions come with a tuition waiver that can cover up to 18 credit hours. All editors must take the writing and photography class, as well as the design class on Tuesday, which lasts from 1-5 pm or later. Editors are held to high expectations and failure to adequately perform the duties of your role can result in your termination/not being rehired for the role in the subsequent term.
Interviews are held near the end of the term.
- Must be a student enrolled at Clackamas Community College, either full or part-time
- Must have a 2.0 GPA or higher. Failure to maintain will result in ineligibility
- Be enrolled in J-215 and J-226
- Become proficient in AP (Associated Press) style
- Meet deadlines
- Communicate well with fellow editors and contributors
- Attend regular, mandatory 30 minute editorial meetings once a week on Monday(or any day it is scheduled)
- Be able to edit written work
- Have proficient writing and English skills
- Assign stories weekly
- Get edited stories to the copy editor no later than Friday night
For more information, contact the editor-in-chief at firstname.lastname@example.org. Job descriptions can be found in the editor application. Download the application here.