Tasteful party tricks and tips
TIME TO BRING THE DEAD BACK TO LIFE. WARNING THESE TIPS MIGHT BE TOO MUCH FOR AN ORDINARY MORTAL. BEWARE, THESE IDEA MIGHT MAKE HALLOWEEN AWESOME
By Elizabeth Kessel
Halloween Party DIYs:
1. Fill a latex glove with water.
2. Tie off the open edge.
3. Freeze the water-filled glove.
4. Carefully remove the glove from the ice, using scissors if necessary.
5. Now startle friends with an icy hand in the drink bowl.
The pumpkin cooler is smoking
1. Gather the essentials: a pumpkin, dry ice, and drinks like Jones Soda or bottles of beer.
2. Cut a circle around the stem of the pumpkin, and remove the seeds.
3. Press the bottom of a bottle against the pumpkin in the desired location (not too close to the bottom), and trace around it with a permanent marker.
4. Repeat step three until you have seven to ten circles.
5. Cut the holes out and make sure there are no grooves.
6. Place the bottles in the holes with the tops sticking out.
7. Put the dry ice in through the top hole, and replace the stem.
8. Presto! A trippy, steamy, pumpkin cooler.
Make candle sticks float in air
1. Gather the stuff: empty paper towel rolls, battery operated tea light candles, white spray paint and a hot glue gun.
2. Cut the paper towel roll in half.
3. Using a glue gun, place glue around one end of the circle, so that it drips down the sides in big clumps.
4. On the same side as the dripping glue, create a ring of hot glue on the inside of the tube. This will act as a ledge for the tea light to rest on.
5. Spray paint to cover the whole paper towel roll.
6. Optionally, after letting the first coat dry, accent with more white spray paint.
7. Insert the candle into the top and glue into place.
8. Using a needle or tack to poke holes, insert a fishing line through the top and tie the ends together.
9. Hang the candles.
Thriller” by Michael Jackson
“The Monster Mash” by Bobby Pickett
“Time Warp” by “The Rocky Horror Show” original cast
“This Is Halloween” by Danny Elfman
“Disturbia” by Rihanna
“She Wolf” by Shakira
Pin the teeth on Dracula
Pumpkin ring toss with glow stick bracelets
Eat donuts on a string (no hands)
Share pictures of your awesome Halloween party on social media using #PrintHalloween, and tag us, too. Your pictures could appear on the Print’s website.